Board Secretariat – Volunteer Role
Auspire is currently seeking to fill a volunteer board support role of Board Secretariat.
Through its activities, Auspire recognises inspiring Australians, supports harmony and inclusion for all, and promotes universal Australian values – a fair go, mateship, inclusion, and respect.
We work with individuals, schools and communities to promote, support and build capacity for social and cultural inclusion and we recognise individuals and community progress through the delivery of our award programs.
The role of the Board Secretariat is primarily to support the CEO (who holds the office of Company Secretary) to ensure he/she can fulfill obligations and statutory requirements under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015, Board Charter and Constitution.
The duties of the Board Administration Assistant will include:
* Organising meetings, including liaising with venues regarding arrangements
* Co-ordinating agendas and papers for circulation for meetings
* Managing the Board meeting calendar
* Updating and keeping relevant records e.g. conflict of interest declarations
* Attending meetings, taking and preparing minutes
To be successful applicants need to be confident in interacting and developing relationships with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders. Discretion and adherence to the Auspire confidentiality agreement, terms of engagement, code of conduct, and relevant policies is expected.
The role can be undertaken remotely, you will need access to computer, email and internet from wherever you are. Board meetings take place in Perth.
As a volunteer with Auspire we hope you will also be inspired by what we do and the people you meet. You will have the opportunity to attend Auspire events, such as the Australian of the Year Awards (WA), and social inclusion events and leadership breakfasts, at which Award recipients tell their powerful stories. You will also gain valuable insights into the working of this organisation, and the Board, which may assist you in your own active citizenship goals or Board aspirations. You will get to work with a small, passionate team of staff and build skills and experience for your CV. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to 12 months.
In your expression of interest, please briefly explain why you are interested in this position, and your availability. In order to be considered for the position, please also provide a cover letter addressing the requirements listed below, plus a copy of your resume, and details of two referees. Those short listed will be invited to attend a short interview.
- A passion for the NFP / Charity sector
- Support the purpose and values of Auspire
- Minute taking experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, listening and writing skills
- Understanding of corporate governance procedures and protocols
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Sound computer skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Trustworthy, discrete and diplomatic
- Access to computer, email and Internet
- Board or Committee experience beneficial but not essential.
The closing date for applications is 20th September. We will contact those shortlisted after this date. We will readvertise the position if it is not filled.
The next Board meeting is in late October and we will endeavour to appoint prior to this.
For more information contact [email protected]