Aboriginal Culture and Awareness
Aboriginal Culture and Awareness Workshops
Learn more about the culture and history of Aboriginal people and develop your skills in engaging with Aboriginal people by attending one of our Aboriginal Cultural Awareness workshops.
Participants are typically motivated to understand how to better engage with Aboriginal people and demonstrate mutual respect in order to maximise teamwork and have more effective relationships.
The sessions are interactive and participative, encourage reflection and inspire commitment towards Aboriginal cultural knowledge and understanding improvement. Parts are self-directed to ensure participants connect their learning to their experience and topics covered include:
- What are the barriers between Aboriginal peoples and non-Indigenous Australians?
- Significant moments in history that have shaped the way Aboriginal Australians are today.
- Cultural beliefs, customs and values and their role in mainstream Australian society.
- Contemporary vs traditional lifestyles’ connection to country, community and kinship.
- The importance of self-determination and identity.
Benefits and key outcomes of the workshops include proactivity in applying Aboriginal Cultural Awareness in your workplace or organisation; real and lasting change through understanding and empathy; improved lives/workplaces for aboriginal and non-aboriginal people and an opportunity to demonstrate your Reconciliation Action Plan (if relevant) in action.
Prices for half day and full day sessions are negotiable, based on venue and number of people and range from $2,200 – $3,200 + GST