The Community Citizen of the Year awards program has a number of key objectives which include:
- To engender community contribution and participation.
- To encourage community harmony and engagement at a local level.
- To showcase grass-roots community involvement, achievement and capacity-building initiatives.
Who do we recognise?
There are four awards categories:
- Community Citizen of the Year
- Community Citizen of the Year – Youth (under 25 years of age)
- Community Citizen of the Year – Senior (over 65 years of age)
- Active Citizenship – group or event
The recipients will have been judged to have met a number of criteria including significant contribution to building harmony and inclusion with the local community, leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life, a significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life and inspiring qualities as a role model for the community.
Visit the official Citizen of the Year website for more information and to nominate.