Fenians Festival Family Day
Join us at the WA Maritime Museum on Saturday 23 February as we celebrate Fenians Festival 2019 – O’Reilly’s Escape with free activities for the whole family!
- Enjoy free all-day entry to the Museum.
- Take the Shamrock Trail and discover the tale of two famous Irishmen.
- Storytelling at 10am and 11am.
- Craft activities; Illuminate your own Celtic initials, or make a golden Irish neckpiece.
- 7-12 year olds will have the chance to build their very own model boat and learn about the adventures of John Boyle O’Reilly.Session times: 10am-11.30am, 12.30-2pm, 2.30-4pm
- Places are limited, bookings essential through the Museum website.
- Watch the award-winning movie The Secret of Kells on the big screen. PG recommended, for ages 8+.
- Bookings essential through Eventbrite. Sessions are at 10.30am and 2pm.
- Watch displays of traditional Irish dancing featuring the Kavanagh School of Irish Dance and keep an eye out for talented young buskers.
Afterwards put on your dancing shoes and join in the Céilí on the Quay!
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Free events – registrations required.