Community Cultural Gathering
Come and join in a celebration of culture and collaboration. Sister Kate’s Home Kids Aboriginal Corporation in collaboration with the City of Canning is hosting a Community Cultural Gathering Event.
The event celebrates the 10 year Anniversary of Sister Kate’s Home Kids as an corporation, the launch of their Wounded Heart Healing publication and the launch of the City of Canning’s first Reconciliation Action Plan.
The day will commence with a Welcome to Country, Cultural Performance and Smoking Ceremony followed by a range of activities including:
– Tool Making Demonstration by Kooda Cornwall
– Live Music by Little Teardrops and other muso’s
– Wildflower Healing by Sister Kate’s Home Kids and LiFE Academy
– Free BBQ and Food Hampers
– Community Art Project for everyone to contribute.
– Games and Activities for the kids.
This is a great opportunity to meet some old and new faces, soak up an amazing range of cultural experiences and celebrate collaboration.
This is a family friendly and alcohol and drug free event.
Please register your interest and we hope to see you there!