We exist to inspire active citizenship. This means all Australians may feel a sense of belonging and desire to participate in forging stronger, inclusive and resilient communities.
Recognising Inspiring Australians
Auspire manages and delivers a number of recognition programs with the objective of profiling leading citizens who are role models for us all.
These include the Australian of the Year Awards at a State and National level, Community Citizens of the Year at a local community level and Aussie of the Month in our primary schools.
They inspire us through their achievements and challenge us to make our own contribution to creating a better Australia through active citizenship.
Supporting harmony and inclusion for all
We believe that Australian citizenship is a shared identity that can unify us. We work with schools, communities and individuals to educate and support inclusion principles and capacity building with our range of programs and initiatives which:
- Build social cohesion and harmony between Australians from all races, cultures and religions
- Celebrate and promote aboriginal culture
- Support and promote reconciliation
- Aim to break down discrimination and encourage celebration of our diversity
Promoting Universal Values
We believe that no matter where each of our personal stories began, we share a common bond, which can unite all of us while respecting diversity. We encourage a sense of cohesion and belonging by promoting universal values such as fair go, mateship, inclusion and respect.
- Fair go – both in the way we apply ourselves and the belief in fairness, equity and equal opportunity for all
- Mateship – the prevention of conflict, our spirit of egalitarianism, our openness and informality and compassion for those in need
- Inclusion – the celebration of difference, the promotion of harmony, and the freedoms and rights we share
- Respect – having high regard for self, for others, the environment we live in and the rule of law.